In the event of overtly threatening behavior constituting an immediate threat to self or others, notify University Police at (920) 424-1212.
If you are concerned about:
STUDENT — consult with the Dean of Students Office at (920) 424-3100 or the Counseling Center at (920) 424-2061.
EMPLOYEE — consult with the Counseling Center/EAP at (920) 424-2061
Express your concerns directly to individual. Make referral in the presence of the individual or accompany them to the center.
Signs of Potential Concerning Behaviors:
- Verbal expression of suicidal or violent thoughts;
- Excessively morbid, violent or depressing themes in written assignments;
- Impaired speech or garbled/disjointed thoughts;
- High levels of irritability/angry outbursts;
- Excessive drinking or drug use;
- Severe loss of emotional control;
- Changes in hygiene, speech attentiveness or social interaction;
- Significant changes in academic and/or work performance;
- Unusual behavior